Sunday, June 10, 2012

MY ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE EXPERIENCE


MY ALL- TERRAIN VEHICLE EXPERIENCE

I love adventure! I always want to feel that Adrenaline rush! My spirit wants to try another fun and thrilling experience in this beautiful place of Thailand. I told myself during the tour I will try new things that I have never done before.So, I decided to try the ATV or All-Terrain Vehicle in Phuket. 

Before the adventure, our tour guide first taught us how to operate the vehicle. I never tried it before so the fear was all over me. I was taught how to use the accelerator, brake, clutch and the gear, those are the basic things we need to know before trying and enjoying the ride.


We hover around the area just to try if we really absorbed what has been told to us. Wheew! I never thought I could run it! I was successful and I’m so proud of myself.
ATV is also known as a quad, quad bike, three wheeler, or four wheeler, is defined by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low pressure tires,with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with  handlebars for steering control. As the name implies, it is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles.he rider sits on and operates these vehicles like a motorcycle, but the extra wheels give more stability at slower speeds




 The term "ATV" was originally coined to refer to non-straddle ridden six-wheeled amphibious ATV such as the Jiger Corporation, the Amphicat produced by Mobility Company Incorporated, and the Terra Tiger produced by the Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing Company in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

We kept on following our tour guide and the next thing we knew, we were already on the highway where big trucks and vehicles keep running to and fro. I was a little bit apprehensive seeing big vehicles. There are a lot of what ifs running on my mind. But I trusted myself that I can do it, and so I did.


My hands during that time were already tired controlling the brakes and accelerator for my speed. But I never surrendered.
We went to the mountain and we followed the trail.  We passed through one of the most beautiful sites in the mountain overlooking Phuket island.


The trail was never easy because there were areas wherein we don’t travel smoothly, there are obstacles we need to overcome! But like real problems in life you just need to keep trying and be courageous because you were surely succeed.


Our tour guide also showed us some of the animals living in the woods or trees which I forgot what they call it in Thai. I somehow don’t understand my guide because he doesn’t know how to speak English.

While following the trail,we were also amazed by the sight of verdant fields.


If you want to try ATV in Thailand, there are many tour packages you can find in the internet.  If you’re not in a hurry and have so much time you can just book yourself of the package upon arrival in the area.
But if you want to book it ahead you may visit different sites in the internet offering tour packages, just be patient in finding one.
 Our package amounted to 1500 baht. The package included our 1 hour ATV ride and 40 minutes elephant ride. Just coordinate with them your time of arrival because from the hotel they will bring you to the area and then if the tour is over, they will take you back to where you are staying.




Prior to the trip if you are really willing to try it, have some exercise so that your body is ready for it. Never go out without a sunblock so you won’t get burned because of too much sun exposure. Lastly wear clothes that you are most comfortable of.


So if you love adventures, be sure to try ATV in Phuket, Never go home without trying this fun-filled and thrilling experience of riding an All-Terrain Vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment