Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Grandeur of Murugan Temple

When I set my feet in the amazing land of Malaysia..My heart clamor for many things this country can offer us..
 Indeed Malaysia, never failed to live up with our expectations..
It was my first time to travel outside the country so I was just so excited to go places I've never seen before..
One of the first few places we visited was the Batu Caves.
Amazingly, before we reached the peak of Batu Caves..
A Murugan temple welcomed us..
 The temple stands 42.7 meters or 140 ft high and is the world's tallest statue of Murugan, a Hindu deity. Accordingly, it has 300 liters of gold paint brought from neighbouring country-Thailand.
Even from afar, this statue is recognizable as it dominates the view.Truly, this shows the religiosity of Malaysian. I realized that there is a beauty in it-in fact a double wonder. Completely unfathomable, and totally off the charts or our reason.

It is 13 km away from Gombak District in Malaysia...You can reach it through riding a bus which is much cheaper than taxi.

As I look upon the statue, I soon start to recognize the set-apartness of our Creator. There are so many elements of the created order, as God uses His mind-blowing creation to remind us of His Magnificience. We look toward the heights of a God who is merciful in His ways and magnificient in His deeds.
So the next time you visit Malaysia...behold and be amazed with the wonders of this temple..

Put in your checklist Batu Caves...and see for yourself the grandeur that will unveil before your own eyes..Indeed Malaysia.......Truly Asia....


No comments:

Post a Comment